Vice President of Global Sales
About the job
360 Destination Group is an award-winning national destination and event management company with offices throughout California, Las Vegas, Florida, Texas, Arizona, Nashville, Chicago and New York. 360DG packs decades of know-how into amplifying the very best that each destination has to offer. As a company that values innovation, creativity, and excellence, we pride ourselves on utilizing a unique and customized approach to deliver unforgettable events that leave our clients speechless.
The core role responsibility for the VP of Global Sales role for 360 Destinations Group is to maintain control, evolve and elevate the diverse business within the global sales department. The uniqueness of 360 Destination Group’s business model has identified the need for leadership talent that extends from managing operational excellence to also defining and implementing the overarching global sales strategy. It is to lead and continue the development of the global sales team in alignment with the brand strategy. The VP of Global Sales is also tasked with identifying sales targets, goals and bringing together all efforts to achieve them.
This is what WE offer YOU…
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Uncapped commission potential.
- Health insurance coverage including medical, vision, and dental.
- Discretionary PTO off AND paid holidays.
- A retirement savings plan (401k) and profit sharing.
- Long term disability insurance coverage.
- Life insurance coverage.
- Paid DCMP and/or CMP certification.
- Paid industry membership(s).
As the Vice President of Global Sales, you will…
- Develop and implement comprehensive GBD sales strategies to achieve revenue targets and drive business growth.
- Set yearly/quarterly sales targets and quota with Managing Partners that align with overall business objectives.
- Identify new business opportunities, markets, and partnerships to expand companies market share and revenue streams.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients, strategic partners, and industry stakeholders to drive sales growth and customer retention.
- Provide regular sales forecasting, performance reports and market insights to Managing Partners and Chief Operating Officer
- Analyze sales forecast and recommend sales strategies that align with business objectives.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop and execute effective GBD sales campaigns and promotions.
- Develop and maintain an effective GBD department through recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Develop and maintain sound employee relations within the GBD department to include counseling and disciplining employees; plan, monitor, and appraise job results.
- Manage performance of Global Business Directors to ensure sales goals and objectives are being met on an annual basis.
- Manage performance and activity of Global Account Managers to ensure fair deployment and quick generation of winning proposals.
- Participate in yearly budget creation process including sales, gross profit and expense categories.
- With Vice President of Operations and Chief Operating Officer, project labor needs to adequately handle operational coverage beyond the ability of own team.
- Understand and be able to train on the proper use of CRM to manage all booking and sales processes.
- Ensure financial data (sales and revenues) are kept updated in CRM so that proper sales/profit forecasting can be achieved via CRM.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks; participate in professional societies.
- Represent 360DG on company sales trips, as well as at key association and industry groups through membership to include tradeshows and local networking events.
You’ll stand out from the crowd if you…
- Work as a productive team member, take initiative, act creatively, operate flexibly, and do everything with honesty, integrity, and with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Work well in a fast-paced team environment, work overtime when required, and deliver quality service to our clients.
- Act in a self-starting way, make good independent decisions, and take steps to complete work within time parameters.
- Generate new and innovative ways to improve our company’s products and services.
- Recognize essential elements of a challenge and develop creative solutions.
- Are detail-oriented with vendor contracts, invoices, and agreement clauses.
- Respond quickly to changing circumstances and anticipate new developments where possible.
- Act in a forthright way.
- Give and accept feedback constructively.
- Recognize and consider the client’s expectations and needs and have a “do what it takes” mentality.
We are seeking someone with…
- Eight or more years of experience in sales/operations, preferably in a DMC, incentive travel, event management or Hotel industry.
- Extensive proposal development, pricing, and operational expertise are required.
- National Industry relationships.
- A college degree (or comparable experience) in Business Management, Marketing, or related degree.
- Management of sales force including hiring, training, motivating, terminating and regular job appraisals.
- Strategic planning including analyzing trends, establishing sales goals, and profit margins.
- Overarching experience in sales and operations strategy and implementation.
- Elevated knowledge of sales and marketing strategies to meet Strategic Plan including annual goals/gross profit.
- Knowledge of client development.
- Ability to provide solutions and/or resources to challenges/opportunities that may arise during development and sale of programs.
- Financial understanding of pricing, budgets, and profit margin.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong supplier/partner relations at venue and community locations, including negotiation on behalf of clients for best locations, terms, etc.
- Ability to professionally represent 360DG at client meetings, site inspections, industry and association functions, supplier/partner meetings, and staff meetings.
- Ability to travel to other 360DG office locations by vehicle or airplane.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Frequently required to perform administrative and professional work using writing tools and electronic media.
- Required to be ambulatory to move around freely between buildings and between levels within buildings.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals associated with office work.
This job has recurring work situations involving moderate degrees of discretion. The need for accuracy and effective utilization of accepted policies and procedures is high. Errors in judgment and execution will waste time and resources, adversely impacting unit performance. Employees operate independently but work is verified by supervision. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Acknowledgements: 360 Destination Group is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer / Disability / Veteran.