San Diego, CA
About the job
360 Destination Group is an award-winning national destination and event management company with offices throughout California, Las Vegas, Florida, Texas, Arizona, Nashville, Chicago and New York. 360DG packs decades of know-how into amplifying the very best that each destination has to offer. As a company that values innovation, creativity, and excellence, we pride ourselves on utilizing a unique and customized approach to deliver unforgettable events that leave our clients speechless.
We now find ourselves seeking a hospitality-oriented individual with a passion for producing corporate events to be the next Operations Manager for our San Diego office! As a member of our rockstar team, you’ll bring to life a variety of corporate events ranging from carnival-themed seminars to Latin nightclub receptions all while collaborating with professionals who are equally as passionate about creating memorable experiences as you!
This is what WE offer YOU…
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- Quarterly incentive eligibility, which is based on the company’s performance.
- Health insurance coverage including medical, vision, and dental.
- Discretionary PTO off AND paid holidays.
- A retirement savings plan (401k).
- Long term disability insurance coverage.
- Life insurance coverage.
- Paid DCMP and/or CMP certification.
- Paid industry memberships.
As an OPERATIONS MANAGER, you will…
- Maintain teamwork and collaboration parameters by working from the areas’ physical office location three times a week.
- Participate in site inspections as required by GBD, Sales, Design, or Clients.
- Follow and adhere to the company’s Process Flow, from “Lead to Execution.”
- Participate in program turnovers (in person at the local office) and
- Send email to client for personal introduction within 24 hours.
- Send email to hotel CSM and any vendors within 48 hours.
- Upon program turnover set up and maintain process flow and program file including:
- Detailed Contract Review of products and services sold, vendors and venues used.
- Build production schedule/schedule of services, detailing each day of the program with 360DG inclusions, to be shared with client, hotel event service manager, and our Field Staff Representatives.
- Maintain constant communication with client and vendors prior to onsite program operation. Confirm all dates, times, rooms, tours, etc.
- Discuss all details of staff/equipment/venues/entertainment.
- Communicate with hotel contacts our deliverables, load-in schedules, hotel power and green room requirements, etc.
- Review contracts and pricing and adjust as necessary to affect company established profitability.
- Review all vendor invoices and contracts for accuracy; sign, return, and process vendor payments.
- Manage passenger flight arrival and departure manifests, track flights on day of travel.
- Book and adjust transportation vehicles on each program.
- Order supplies and products as specified in program; help with possible parcel movement.
- Create signage, communication cards, menus, maps/handouts, activity sign-ups, etc.
- Upsell additional services and/or products, where possible. Furnish Change Confirmation forms for products under $10,000
- Process final invoice and include any commissionable amounts to hotels or third parties.
- Gather program expenses, time sheets, and outstanding invoices for review and approval.
- Process field staff payroll and expense report approval twice monthly.
- Provide vendors and field staff with timely, accurate information about 360DG expectations and program requirements. Provide vendor feedback at the conclusion as relates to their performance.
- Serve as main on-site contact with clients, vendors, and hotel. Be onsite during program duration and be flexible.
- Manage and care for our Field Staff while onsite at the program.
- Send thank you email and survey request to client post-program. Complete the ECS Post Con form.
- Be willing to assist across destinations and/or travel to our sister offices to help operate and support.
- Represent 360DG at hotel pre-conference meetings with Account Executive and be onsite for all services provided, including on and offsite events, arrivals and departures, transportation, activities, etc.
- Operate profitable programs, adhering to budgets/controlling expenses. Ensure total program profitability. Maintain project management through final PNL accounting process and close the books within the timeframes given.
- Participate and assist with FAMs and hotel partner team outings.
- Actively engage with the team’s Destination Weekly meetings, debrief on past programs, lessons learned and vendor feedback.
- Submit monthly expense reports via Concur to General Manager with justification for all incurred expenses.
- Work with Operations Staffing Coordinator to manage field staff assignments.
- Submit vacation/holiday requests and sick leave to General Manager via Paylocity.
- Have reliable transportation to be able to travel throughout your resident city.
- Report to local office for in-person work two times per week, schedule permitting.
You’ll stand out from the crowd if you…
- Work as a productive team member, take initiative, act creatively, operate flexibly, and do everything with honesty, integrity, and with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Work well in a fast-paced team environment, work overtime when required, and deliver quality service to our clients.
- Act in a self-starting way, make good independent decisions, and take steps to complete work within time parameters.
- Generate new and innovative ways to improve our company’s products and services.
- Recognize essential elements of a challenge and develop creative solutions.
- Are detail-oriented with vendor contracts, invoices, and agreement clauses.
- Respond quickly to changing circumstances and anticipate new developments where possible.
- Act in a forthright way.
- Give and accept feedback constructively.
- Recognize and consider the client’s expectations and needs and have a “do what it takes” mentality.
We are seeking someone with…
- A Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years total work experience with a minimum of three years of hospitality/event experience.
The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Frequently required to perform administrative and professional work using writing tools and electronic media.
- Required to be ambulatory to move around freely between buildings and between levels within buildings.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals associated with office work.
This job has recurring work situations involving moderate degrees of discretion. The need for accuracy and effective utilization of accepted policies and procedures is high. Errors in judgment and execution will waste time and resources, adversely impacting unit performance. Employees operate independently but work is verified by supervision. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Acknowledgements: 360 Destination Group is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer / Disability / Veteran.