Design and Development Manager / Operations Manager Hybrid
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
About the job
360 Destination Group is an award-winning national destination and event management company with offices throughout California, Las Vegas, Florida, Texas, Arizona, Nashville, Chicago and New York. 360DG packs decades of know-how into amplifying the very best that each destination has to offer. As a company that values innovation, creativity, and excellence, we pride ourselves on utilizing a unique and customized approach to deliver unforgettable events that leave our clients speechless.
We now find ourselves seeking a hospitality-oriented individual with a passion for design and event logistics to be the next Design and Development Manager / Operations Manager hybrid for our Northern California office! As a member of our rockstar team, you’ll bring to life a variety of corporate events ranging from carnival-themed seminars to Latin nightclub receptions all while collaborating with professionals who are equally as passionate about creating memorable experiences as you!
This is what WE offer YOU…
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- Quarterly incentive eligibility, which is based on the company’s performance.
- Health insurance coverage including medical, vision, and dental.
- Discretionary PTO off AND paid holidays.
- A retirement savings plan (401k).
- Long term disability insurance coverage.
- Life insurance coverage.
As the DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, you will…
- Work closely with Account Executives to generate creative content for proposals and client facing sales/marketing content, i.e. area guides and partner perspectives.
- Creative development and pricing of proposals and services for client program.
- Ongoing client interaction and support, if needed.
- Ensure proposal timelines and deadlines are met.
- Assist on-site, as needed, to provide client support.
- Assist and support with client site inspections.
- Continue to act as a liaison with operations during final program development and fulfillment.
- Booking and releasing of tentative holds for venues, vendors, and activities for proposals being generated.
- Research/communicate with suppliers; provide an accurate assessment and maintain good vendor relationships.
- Continuously and proactively define the program details with the client and or Account Executive to produce a complete contract of services.
- Ensure files are completed prior to turnover to Operations.
- Follow all accounting and procedural guidelines with respect to deposits, vendor payments and American Express expense reports.
- Construct attachments of contracts and deposit invoices, as necessary.
- Maintain a general knowledge of venues, restaurants, and tours and activities in respective city.
As the OPERATIONS MANAGER, you will…
- Participate in site inspections as required by Account Executives and/or clients.
- Upon program turnover from Sales, set up and maintain program file including:
- Review of COS with Account Executive/DDMs to structure file for operation of program.
- Create production schedule/schedule of services detailing each day of the program and the 360DG inclusions, to be shared with client and hotel CSM.
- Process final invoice and include any commissionable amounts to hotels or third parties.
- Maintain constant communication with client prior to onsite program operation.
- With Account Executive and DDM, purge unnecessary paperwork from file.
- Update program grid and confirm all dates, times, rooms, tours, etc.
- Confirm staff/equipment/venues/entertainment.
- Review contracts and pricing and adjust as necessary to affect company established profitability.
- Review all vendor invoices and contracts for accuracy; sign, return, and process vendor payment in CRM.
- Determine required deposits, final payments, and program cash.
- Produce and email trip sheets to field staff prior to the event start date.
- Order supplies and products as specified in program.
- Produce signage, menus, manifests, activity sign-ups, etc.
- Upsell additional services and/or products, where possible.
- Communicate with hotel concerning 360DG involvement including program grid, load-in schedules, etc.
- Gather program expenses, time sheets, and outstanding invoices for review and approval.
- Process field staff hours in Paylocity.
You’ll stand out from the crowd if you…
- Work as a productive team member, take initiative, act creatively, operate flexibly, and do everything with honesty, integrity, and with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Work well in a fast-paced team environment, work overtime when required, and deliver quality service to our clients.
- Act in a self-starting way, make good independent decisions, and take steps to complete work within time parameters.
- Generate new and innovative ways to improve our company’s products and services.
- Recognize essential elements of a challenge and develop creative solutions.
- Are detail-oriented with vendor contracts, invoices, and agreement clauses.
- Respond quickly to changing circumstances and anticipate new developments where possible.
- Act in a forthright way.
- Give and accept feedback constructively.
- Recognize and consider the client’s expectations and needs and have a “do what it takes” mentality.
We are seeking someone with…
- Proficiency in client relations, proposal writing, detailed budget management, event design, contract management, and vendor relations.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years total work experience with a minimum of two years of hospitality experience.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of the local destination offerings such as restaurants, clubs, festivals, tours, and venues.
- Experience using computers, phones, copiers, smart phones, tablets, and other standard office equipment.
The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Frequently required to perform administrative and professional work using writing tools and electronic media.
- Required to be ambulatory to move around freely between buildings and between levels within buildings.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals associated with office work.
This job has recurring work situations involving moderate degrees of discretion. The need for accuracy and effective utilization of accepted policies and procedures is high. Errors in judgment and execution will waste time and resources, adversely impacting unit performance. Employees operate independently but work is verified by supervision. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Acknowledgements: 360 Destination Group is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer / Disability / Veteran.