Santa Barbara, CA
About the job
360 Destination Group is an award-winning national destination and event management company with offices throughout California, Las Vegas, Florida, Texas, Arizona, Nashville, Chicago and New York. 360DG packs decades of know-how into amplifying the very best that each destination has to offer. As a company that values innovation, creativity, and excellence, we pride ourselves on utilizing a unique and customized approach to deliver unforgettable events that leave our clients speechless.
We now find ourselves seeking a sales-driven, organized, and hospitality-oriented Account Executive for our Santa Barbara office! As a member of our rockstar team, you’ll bring to life a variety of corporate events ranging from carnival-themed seminars to Latin nightclub receptions all while collaborating with professionals who are equally as passionate about creating memorable experiences as you!
This is what WE offer YOU…
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- Uncapped commission potential.
- Health insurance coverage including medical, vision, and dental.
- Discretionary PTO off AND paid holidays.
- A retirement savings plan (401k).
- Long term disability insurance coverage.
- Life insurance coverage.
Here’s what you’ll be doing…
- Providing exceptional customer service through the creative development and fulfillment of program content.
- Representing 360DG at national industry events, local industry events, tradeshows and conferences, as required by General Manager.
- Promoting destination and company capabilities via sales trips and formal presentations to incentive and corporate clients and hotels, as required by General Manager.
- Developing and nurturing consistent relationships with key hotels/hoteliers.
- Staying up-to-date and on the pulse of events, new venues, and new experiences in local destination.
- Organizing Familiarization tours for clients and prospective clients, and directly overseeing all local sales-related special projects, including, but not limited to: local client events, hotelier appreciation events, sponsorship and promotional commitments, and planning/execution of sales events with various hotel partners both locally and nationally.
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with vendors, CVB, industry consortiums, and third parties.
- Actively prospecting and developing new opportunities within designated market territories as currently structured.
- Booking and releasing of tentative holds for venues, vendors, and activities for proposals being generated.
- Actively participating in regularly scheduled Sales Strategy Meetings with General Manager. Use of extensive expertise of current and upcoming industry trends and maintaining knowledge of assigned markets and hotel partners via compiling and analyzing data to find trends.
- Developing sales strategies and meeting/exceeding minimum margin expectations and quotas through program development in accordance with company financial goals.
- Working as a team with Design and Development Managers through production of proposals and maintain control over the program details, pricing and deadlines throughout the sales process; hit deadlines.
- Conducting site inspections with client by setting up appointments and creating a timeline and site book.
- Understanding the site inspection policy and communicating billing procedures to DDM and Operations.
- Maintaining CRM database with current and future client contact information and needs.
- Recording all client communication.
- Proactively reaching out to ensure client satisfaction/retention while continuously searching and closing new business.
- Participating in turn-over meeting with Operations Manager and Design and Development Manager.
- Providing continuous service to customers from program inception through completion, attending pre-convention meetings and maintaining visible presence throughout program operations.
- Working with Marketing on sales materials and website content.
- Sending all final program surveys to completed events and following up on any potential future business needs and/or referrals to other 360DG offices, with a focus on building long-term relationships with all accounts.
- Maintaining a presence on social media and other sales outreach platforms; organizing sales drops.
- Supporting the vision, mission and guiding principles of 360DG.
- Observing applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental rules and guidelines. The use of appropriate personal protective equipment is required.
- Attending and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.
- Adhering to appropriate company operating procedures, benefit rules, employment, and safety policies/practices.
You’ll stand out from the crowd if you…
- Work as a productive team member, take initiative, act creatively, operate flexibly, and do everything with honesty, integrity, and with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Work well in a fast-paced team environment, work overtime when required, and deliver quality service to our clients.
- Act in a self-starting way, make good independent decisions, and take steps to complete work within time parameters.
- Generate new and innovative ways to improve our company’s products and services.
- Recognize essential elements of a challenge and develop creative solutions.
- Are detail-oriented with vendor contracts, invoices, and agreement clauses.
- Respond quickly to changing circumstances and anticipate new developments where possible.
- Give and accept feedback constructively.
- Recognize and consider the client’s expectations and needs and have a “do what it takes” mentality.
We are seeking someone with…
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Seven or more years total work experience with a minimum of five years of hospitality (DMC or Hotel) experience.
- Two years of sales related experience preferred.
- Proficiency in client relations, proposal writing, detailed budget management, event design, contract management, and vendor relations.
- Advanced skills in CRM systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the local destination offerings such as restaurants, clubs, festivals, tours, and venues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience using computers, phones, copiers, smart phones, tablets, and other standard office equipment.
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently on projects that require initiative.
The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Frequently required to perform administrative and professional work using writing tools and electronic media.
- Required to be ambulatory to move around freely between buildings and between levels within buildings.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals associated with office work.
Job Scope & Disclaimer:
This job has recurring work situations involving moderate degrees of discretion. The need for accuracy and effective utilization of accepted policies and procedures is high. Errors in judgment and execution will waste time and resources, adversely impacting unit performance. Employees operate independently but work is verified by supervision. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Acknowledgements: 360 Destination Group is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer / Disability / Veteran.