Account Executive, Corporate Event Planning
San Antonio, TX
360 Destination Group is a leading destination management company with offices throughout California, Las Vegas, Florida, Texas, Arizona, Chicago and New York. We are seeking Account Executive candidates to support the growth and demand for our destination management services in the San Antonio Area.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To support the vision, mission, and guiding principles of the Company.
- While performing any procedure, all associates must observe applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental rules and guidelines. The use of appropriate personal protective equipment is required.
- Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.
- Adhere to appropriate company operating procedures, benefit rules, employment, and safety policies/practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional customer service through the creative development and fulfillment of program content.
- Represent 360DG at national industry events, local industry events, tradeshows, and conferences, as required by General Manager.
- Promote destination and company capabilities via sales trips and formal presentations to incentive and corporate clients and hotels, as required by General Manager.
- Develop and nurture consistent relationships with key hotels/hoteliers.
- Organize Familiarization tours for clients and prospective clients and directly oversee all local sales-related special projects, including, but not limited to: local client events, hotelier appreciation events, sponsorship and promotional commitments, and planning/execution of sales events with various hotel partners both locally and nationally.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, CVB, industry consortiums, and third parties.
- Actively prospect and develop new opportunities within designated market territories as currently structured.
- Booking and releasing of tentative holds for venues, vendors, and activities for proposals being generated.
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled Sales Strategy Meetings with the General Manager. Use of extensive expertise of current and upcoming industry trends and maintaining knowledge of assigned markets and hotel partners via compiling and analyzing data to find trends.
- Develop sales strategies and meet or exceed minimum margin expectations and quotas through program development in accordance with company financial goals.
- Work as a team with Design and Development Managers through production of proposals and maintain control over the program details, pricing, and deadlines throughout the sales process; hit deadlines.
- Conduct site inspections with clients by setting up appointments and creating a timeline and site book.
- Understand the site inspection policy and communicate billing procedures to DDM and Operations.
- Maintain CRM database with current and future client contact information and needs.
- Record all client communication.
- Proactively reach out to ensure client satisfaction/retention while continuously searching and closing new business.
- Participate in turn-over meetings with the Operations Manager and Design and Development Manager.
- Provide continuous service to customers from program inception through completion, attending pre-convention meetings and maintaining visible presence throughout program operations.
- Work with Marketing on sales materials and website content.
- Send all final program surveys to completed events and follow up on any potential future business needs and/or referrals to other 360DG offices, with a focus on building long-term relationships with all accounts.
- Maintain a presence on social media and other sales outreach platforms; organize sales drops.
- Stay up-to-date and on the pulse of events, new venues, and new experiences in local destinations.
QUALITY OF WORK RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Each employee at 360DG is expected to carry out all Quality of Work Responsibilities: to work as a productive team member, take initiative, act creatively, operate flexibly, and do everything with honesty, integrity, and with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Work well in a fast-paced team environment, be willing to help others, work overtime when required, and deliver quality service to our clients.
- Act in a self-starting way, make good independent decisions, and take steps to complete work within time parameters.
- Generate new and innovative ways to improve 360DG products and services.
- Recognize essential elements of a challenge and develop creative solutions.
- Be detail-oriented with vendor contracts, invoices, and agreement clauses.
- Respond quickly to changing circumstances, anticipate new developments where possible, and be receptive to new ideas and methods.
- Act in a forthright way.
- Give and accept feedback constructively.
- Recognize and consider the client’s expectations and needs, and be willing to “do what it takes” to fulfill those expectations.
- Any other duties as assigned.
This job has recurring work situations involving moderate degrees of discretion. The need for accuracy and effective utilization of accepted policies and procedures is high. Errors in judgment and execution will waste time and resources, adversely impacting unit performance. Employees operate independently, but work is verified by supervision.
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Seven or more years of total work experience with a minimum of five years of hospitality (DMC or Hotel) experience.
- Two years of sales-related experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in client relations, proposal writing, detailed budget management, event design, contract management, and vendor relations.
- Advanced skills in CRM Systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable of the local destination offerings such as restaurants, clubs, festivals, tours, and venues.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently on projects that require initiative.
EQUIPMENT & APPLICATIONS:
Computer, phone, copiers, smartphones, tablets, and other standard office equipment.
The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Frequently required to perform administrative and professional work using writing tools and electronic media.
- Required to be ambulatory to move around freely between buildings and between levels within buildings.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals associated with office work.